1. It was so nice to get away from this cold，miserable weather.
2. And those mountain views－they were absolutelybreathtaking.
3. So much to see and do there.
4. I hadn’t realized how much I missed big－city life after being struck out here in the boonies forso long.
5. We went to Stanley Park and the aquarium，up Grouse Mountain，and to museums andgalleries.
6. It’s only two hours away by ferry，isn’t it？
7. Victoria is a city I’ve always wanted to visit.
8.They say it’s such a quiet and elegant city with a lot of British influence.
9. I’ll show you my pictures once I get them developed.
Robin：Oh，hi Julie. Finally back from your vacation，I see.
Julie：What do you mean，“finally”？I feel like I’ve only been gone for two days instead oftwo weeks.
Robin：Well，you know what they say—“Time flies when you’re having fun. ” You did havefun，didn’t you？
Julie：Oh，it was marvelous. B. C. is so beautiful. And it was so nice to get away from thiscold，miserable weather.
And those mountain views—they were absolutely breath taking.
Robin：How was Vancouver？
Julie：Busy. So much to see and do there. I hadn’t realized how much I missed big－city lifeafter being stuck out here in the boonies for so long（laughs）
Robin：So what all did you do？
Julie：Oh，we went to Stanley Park and the aquarium，up Grouse Mountain，and tomuseums and galleries. All the usual touristy things.
Robin：Did you get over to the island？ It’s only two hours away by ferry，isn’t it？
Julie：Yes，it was funny how on the ride over everyone stayed out on deck to enjoy theview，but on the way back，wejust sat inside like seasoned travellers and read magazines！
Robin：Victoria is a city I’ve always wanted to visit. They say it’s such a quiet and elegant citywith a lot of British influence.
Julie：We liked Victoria so much that we stayed in a day longer than we’d planned. I did likethe custom of afternoon tea. It was a nice break from sightseeing too.
Robin：Oh，well，one of these days I’ll get there myself. In the meantime，I better get backto work. Maybe we can get together sometime and you can tell me more about it.
Julie：Sure，and I’ll show you my pictures once I get them developed.
Robin：Great. See you later.
Words and Expressions
marvelous a. 令人惊奇的
breathtaking a. 惊人的
boonies n. ［复］（美俚）穷乡僻壤，边远乡村
aquarium n. 水族馆
touristy a. 旅行的，观光的
ferry n. 摆渡；渡船
elegant a. 优美的，文雅的
develop v. 冲洗（胶卷）