(C= Reservation Clerk G=Guest)
C: Good afternoon. Flower Restaurant. May I help you?
G: I’d like to reserve a table for the dinner on Valentine’s Day, please.
C: Certainly, sir. For how many people, please?
G: Two, my wife and I. C: At what time can we expect you, sir?
G: Around 8:00 p.m.
C: I see. Would you like a table in the main restaurant or in a private room, sir?
G: A private room, please.
C: Certainly, sir. We have Rose Hall reserved for you, will that be fine? May I have your name and telephone number, please?
G: Sure, it’s Ramsay, and my cell phone number is 13789014598.
C: Mr. Ramsay, 13789014598… thank you. By the way, we can only keep your room till 9:00 p.m. since that will be the peak season.
G: OK, I see.
C: I’d like to confirm your reservation: Rose Hall for Mr. Ramsay on Valentine’s Day; arrival time, around 8 p.m.; cell phone number, 13789014598. Is that correct?
G: Exactly, correct.
C: We look forward to serving you, Mr. Ramsay. Thanks for calling.
1) Just a moment, please. I’ll check the availability for you. 请稍等，我来为您检查是否有空位。
2) Let me check if we have any vacancy. 我来检查一下是否有空位。
3) I’m afraid we’re fully booked for that time. 恐怕那个时间的餐位已经订满了。
4) Would you like to make a reservation at another time? 您是否换个时间呢？
5) Is it possible for you to change the time? 您是否换个时间呢？
6) I’m afraid we’re fully booked for that time. 恐怕那个时间的餐位已经订满了。
7) It’s the busy season/hot season/peak season, you know. 您知道，那是高峰期。
8) We hope we’ll have another opportunity to serve you. 我们期待下次能为您效劳。
1) What time would that be? 是定在什么时候呢？
2) For how many people? 有多少人呢？
3) At what time can we expect you? 您几点光临呢？
4) Would you like a table in the hall or in a private room? 您是喜欢大厅的餐台，还是包间呢？
5) May I have your name and telephone number, please? 能告诉我你的姓名和电话号码吗？
6) We can only keep your table/room till… 我们只能保留您的餐位/包间到……
7) A deposit of US＄20 is required to secure your booking. 为了确保您的预订，您需要交20美元的押金。
1) How many tables shall we arrange? 请问我们应该安排多少张台呢？
2) How much would you like to spend for each other? 请问每张台的费用标准是多少？
3) What drinks would you like? 请问您要什么样的酒水？
4) What kinds of fruit/dessert would you like? 我们会准备好一切。
5) We’ll get everything ready in advance. 我们会准备好一切。
6) How do you like us to arrange the tables? 您喜欢我们怎样摆桌子？