English for Front Office
1. Good morning, may I help you?
2. For which dates would you like to book the room?
3. May I have your name?
4. How do you spell the name, please?
5. May I have your phone number and fax number?
6. How many guests are there in your party?
7. What kind of room/rooms would you like?
8. Would you like a room with twin beds or a double bed?
9. Please wait a moment, let me see if we have any double rooms available.
10. Yes, we have a vacancy.
11. I’m sorry, sir. We’re fully booked for those dates.
12. At what time will you arrive?
13. May I know your flight number?
14. We don’t have any double rooms available.
15. Would you mind a twin room instead?
16. (Does it include breakfast?) I’m afraid not, sir.
17. RMB 880yuan per night.
18. (I’m calling from Washington. I’d like to book a double room for Mr. George Smith.) What did you say the name was?
19. May I know who’s making the reservation, please?
20. How will he pay the bill?
21. (His company will pay.) Which company is it?
22. As we have no credit arrangement with your company, you’ll have to send us a deposit.
23. Is the company willing to cover all expenses?
24. Then could you send us a deposit of RMB 1000 to cover the room plus other expenses?
25. I would like to confirm your reservation.
26. We look forward to serving you.
27. Thank you for calling us.
28. (We have reservations.) Just a moment, please. Mr. Smith, I’ll get your details.
29. Yes, Mr. Smith, we have your reservations.
30. Would you please show me your passport and fill in this form?
31. Would you please sign your name?
32. The reservation was for a double room for four nights, wasn’t it?
33. How will you pay your bill, by cash of by credit card?
34. Your room number is 1022.
35. Here your keys.
36. I’m sorry the room is not ready.
37. There will be a delay of about half an hour.
38. Would you like to take a rest in our lobby for a while?
39. We will let you know when the room is ready.
40. I’m sorry to have kept you waiting.
41. The bellboy will take you to the room.
42. We hope you enjoy your stay here.
43. Is there any problem, sir?
44. Would you mind telling me exactly what happened, sir?
45. I’m terribly sorry about this, sir.
46. There could have been some mistake.
47. Thank you for bring the matter to our attention.
48. Please be assured that we will look into the matter.
49. I assured you that it won’t happen again.
50. If you would just give us another chance, I’m sure you’ll find everything will be to your satisfaction next time you come.
51. Is everything all right, madam?
52. Are you satisfied with our service, sir?
53. Would you like to put forward some opinions or suggestions?
54. I’m afraid not, sir. It’s against our rules.
55. I’m afraid we don’t have this kind of service.